The Lawton Fort Sill Amateur Radio Club, also known as the W5KS Club, will be having their monthly meeting on March 8, 2017. The meeting will be on a Wednesday instead of on a Tuesday. The time is still the same it will be at 1930 or 7:30pm. It will be in The Great Plains building. The meetings will take place in The Great Plains building on April 4th on Tuesday, May 2nd on Tuesday, June 6th on Tuesday, July 5th will be on a Wednesday, August 1st on a Tuesday, September 5th on Tuesday, October 3rd on Tuesday, and November 7th on Tuesday and the times will still be 1930(7:30 pm).
The flu, strep, and other viruses are running around the school. If you would like to help prevent these from keep on spreading , please donate Clorox Wipes and Kleenex’s to teachers. Im sure our teachers would really appreciate this donation to help kids out. If we can prevent these germs and bacteria from spreading around the school, that would help alot of kids from not getting sick. PLEASE PLEASE try to donate tissues and Clorox wipes, Im sure everyone is tired of being sick.
ATTENTION!! Elgin high school students Powderpuff sign ups have begun. You can sign up on the posters on right of the library. Be sure to sign up on the appropriate grade poster if you want to play or if you want to be a coach. If you want to be a cheerleader there will be a sign up sheet soon. The date is TBA!!! Listen to the announcements to hear when your class is supposed to meet because you will design the t-shirts as a class/team.
Owls are in the Area Tournament!!!
Friday March 3rd – 8:00 PM
Elgin vs Anadarko
AT SWOSU – Weatherford
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.
Eat and Enjoy!
courtesy of http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13477/double-layer-pumpkin-cheesecake/?internalSource=recipe%20hub&referringId=79&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&clickId=cardslot%2021
Attention Elgin High School students. The sophomore class is doing a raffle to raise money for their class. Tickets cost $1 each or 6 tickets for $5. The winner of the raffle will receive half of the money received. The other half of the money raised will go to the Sophomore class. Make sure to buy your tickets now!
On Friday, March 24th in Thackerville, Oklahoma Brad Paisley will host a concert. The concert will be on 777 Casino Ave. Brad Paisley is a country artist and he also host the 2017 CMA’S with Kelly Clarkson. Tickets range anywhere from $85 each to $195 each. The tickets that cost $85 are for section D and the tickets that cost $195 are for the VIP section right next to the stage.