As we finish this school year out at Elgin High School, we shall finish with one last article about our athletes from the Digital Media/Broadcast class.
Going from high school sports to college sports is a huge transition for a teenager, and then on top of that, you throw in other factors like being away from your family and friends for the first time. Let’s mention the responsibility that comes with being on your own and finances that make things even more complicated.
Taking the next step and committing to play at the college level is a very big decision and there are some things that we should take a look at!
- Your family is still your number one source of support, so don’t forget that and also where you came from.
- 99% of the people you are playing with were the stars on their own high school teams just like you were!
- So much more different sacrifices than a typical college student, due to vigorous workouts, homework, and athletics, etc….
- You now represent the ENTIRE College/University in EVERYTHING that you do!! SPOTLIGHT!
- Even more important than your talent is your character, on and off the track/field/court/etc…
- When college coaches tell you and your parents they’ll treat you like their own son during the process, once you get to campus, THEY ARE DEAD SERIOUS!!! LOL
- Playing college sports will have the ability to change your life forever.
- Last but certainly not least, Don’t forget about all the people who helped you get to this point.
Elgin Oklahoma has a very talented group of young men and women and we wish them all the luck in their future. As of today we currently have the following announcements for student athletes that have been recruited and have/will sign to play at the next level as reported by coaches.
Jax Taylor, Soccer, York College, York Nebraska
Landon Castello, Soccer, Central Christian College, McPherson Kansas
Corbin Ramos, Baseball, St. Gregory’s University, Shawnee Oklahoma
Selena McDonald, Basketball, Northwestern Oklahoma State University, Alva Oklahoma
Haley Mandakunis, Track/Cross Country, Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford Oklahoma
Eliza Cummins, Track/Cross Country, Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford Oklahoma
Emily Poindexter, Softball, Cameron University, Lawton Oklahoma
Greydon Buhlig, Football, Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford Oklahoma
Cole Cizek, Football, Southern Nazarene University, Bethany Oklahoma
Dillan Landers, Basketball, Uncommitted, but being recruited, So many offers so to list a few: Bacone College, Missouri Valley, OK Wesleyan, Wayland Baptist, Bethany College and so many others.
Tanner Harris, Golf, Uncommitted, but being recruited. Some of the offers included Heston College, Central Christian, Winfield, and Williams Baptist.
We would like to congratulate all these athletes on their success and wish them the best in their futures. To all the other athletes not yet recruited or signed, good luck as we are sure that we will have several more before this year ends.
Congrats and GO OWLS!!!!