- 1 lb. Ground beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 jar marinara sauce (24 oz.)
- 1 c. water
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 container low-fat ricotta (15 oz.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bag frozen Tater Tots
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Brown the ground beef on a skillet over medium-high heat. As it cooks, sprinkle on the garlic powder, mixing it into the meat. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula into small crumbles.
- Once it’s browned, drain any excess grease and return the meat to the skillet. Add the marinara sauce, then add the water to the skillet to thin out the sauce. Stir the sauce until it’s combined, then turn off the burner.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup grated parmesan, all of the ricotta, and the egg.
- Pour enough meat sauce to lightly coat the bottom of a 13″-x-9″ pan. Top with a layer of tater tots, then the ricotta mixture, and a layer of meat sauce. Cover with another layer of tots, add more meat sauce, then sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tots are lightly browned.
photo credit: delish.com