Prep time: 0:15
Total Time: 0:35
- 1 lb. store-bought or homemade pie crust
- 3/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 2 c. mixed frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On a floured work surface, roll out pie crust into a large rectangle and slice off rounded edges (if using store-bought). Slice into four strips.
- Place cooked chicken and vegetables in a large mixing bowl. In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk flour and milk and let simmer, 5 minutes until thick. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture over bottom halves of pie crust strips and fold over tops.
- Use your fingers to pinch to seal and press the twines of a fork to crimp. Brush with egg wash and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and puffy, 18 to 20 minutes.
Photo Credit: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a44089/chicken-pot-pie-homemade-hot-pockets-recipe/