- Total- 43 min
- Prep- 5 min
- Cook- 38 min
- Yield- 4 servings
- Level- easy
- 7 cups of water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- one 4-inch cinnamon stick
- one 12 -ounce can evaporated milk
- one 14-ounce can condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Pour the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium size heavy saucepan set over medium – high heat.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until the rice is tender, about 18 minutes.
- Strain out the liquid, discard the cinnamon and reserve the rice.
- Return the rice to the saucepan .
- Stir in the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and whole milk.
- Continue cooking over medium – high heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook,uncovered, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick, about 20 minutes.
- Add the raisins, and stir well.
- Transfer the pudding to a serving bowl.
- Dust the top of the pudding with ground cinnamon and serve.
photo credit – https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=654&ei=Ni9VWsnXBIf1zgKckoPYCA&q=rice+pudding&oq=rice+pudding&gs_l=img.3..0l10.10072.13461.0.136188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.930.4j5.9.0….0…1ac.1.64.img..2.11.944.0…0.w7AkBv_tjR4&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=2rfxVDxsdeljZM:
Recipe website – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/mexican-rice-pudding-arroz-con-leche-recipe-1921815